Monday, May 18, 2009

Mama's mix

Editor's note: The Slow-Cooked Sentence is devoting itself to song this week as part of its Joy+Ride, a month-long quest that involves planting, polishing and singing.



"Casi05" courtesy of INDEED.


Thirty songs plus half
a day all for me equals
sweet, sweet sanity.

The time's been spent, but I can still share my songs. My favorite is "Half Acre," I can listen to The Kinks all day long, and you've got to check out the lyrics to "A Chat With Your Mother."
  • I'll Fly Away, Alison Krauss & Gillian Welch
  • Julia, The Beatles
  • Mother Nature's Son, The Beatles
  • Half Acre, Hem
  • Your Mother Should Know, The Beatles
  • Ghost Town/Poem For Eva, Bill Frisell
  • God Bless The Child, Billie Holiday
  • Sunspots, Bob Mould
  • I'll Come Running, Brian Eno
  • All Mama's Children, Carl Perkins
  • What A Wonderful World, With L Dan Zanes & Friends
  • Leave It Like It Is, David Wilcox
  • Do You Realize??, Flaming Lips
  • White Winter Hymnal, Fleet Foxes
  • After Midnight, J.J. Cale
  • Crazy Mama, J.J. Cale
  • Boom Boom, John Lee Hooker
  • Hot Potatoes, The Kinks
  • Have A Cuppa Tea, The Kinks
  • Bonjour, Bonjour, L'Autobus A Vapeur
  • Our House, Madness
  • You Are My Sunshine, Norman Blake
  • That Was Your Mother, Paul Simon
  • Mother and Child Reunion, Paul Simon
  • A Chat with Your Mother, Sally Rogers & Howie Bursen
  • Inní mér syngur vitleysingur, Sigur Ros
  • I Wish, Stevie Wonder
  • Isn't She Lovely, Stevie Wonder
  • What Child Is This, Vince Guaraldi
  • I Took My Mom To the Prom, The Ziggens

1 comment:

mamapease said...

Have you been singing out loud?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin