"The storm sail" courtesy of Today is a good day.One Thousand Words is a new series at The Slow-Cooked Sentence. It'll spotlight an unpronounceable word illustrated with a photograph snapped by a someone in my family, and will include a sentence that connects the photo to the word. The series will run until one thousand words have been cataloged.
"How long will that take me if I featured a word a week?"
"Twenty years," replied my math man.
"Twenty years! Oh, wow. I didn't think it'd take that long."
"Yeah. Twenty years. Divide one thousand by 52 and you get about twenty years," he explained.
"That's crazy! Why would I make that kinda commitment? I just thought it'd be fun, playing off the whole picture-worth-a-thousand-words-thing. But I wanna do it. Is that crazy?"
"Yeah. Chaja might have kids by the time you're done, but do it anyway."
Bon Voyage!
Xanthous
\ZAN-thuhs\
adjective

Photo courtesy of Dance in the Kitchen.
Yellow; yellowish
My sack of sugar nearly sits on the Basket of Gold's xanthous blossoms.
1 comment:
he's a cute sack of sugar!
Post a Comment